June 15, 2007

A Wonderful Surprise

I had lunch today with Peirui and Jac at the Whitebait & Kale Deli. While the food (read sandwiches) wasn't anything to rave or flog about, we had gone there in search of a cute guy. Alas, we were to be disappointed as there was NO cute guy. The confession came out that the above said cute guy was spotted ONCE working at the restaurant one Friday about one and a half months ago *faint* hence it was quite a far shot that he would actually be there today.

However, it was definitely not a wasted lunch. Great company plus the wonderful Peirui gave me final instalment of my birthday present (first instalment was an Eeyore phone holder, second instalment was a Frienster testimonial). I must say I was swept off my feet (alrite, I'd be if Peirui was a guy), it was one of the most thoughtful gifts I've received :)

All wrapped up in a pretty brown box and ribbon! Peirui calls it my Think Positive box.



Tada! I was greeted with a handmade card and a pretty white gerbera (I love gerberas!). Next was a Yes! Attitude book (haha, I so do need this). And then a Martha Stewart book - The Martha Rules: 10 Essentials for Achieving Success as You Start, Build or Manage a Business since I've been going on and on about doing my wedding planner thing and other harebrained entrepreneurial ideas. Last but not least was a box of Marks & Sparks Apple Cinnamon Flakes, which is what keeps me happy and satiated during a dull dreary office day.

I really couldn't ask for a better put together gift and a more thoughtful friend. Thank you dear, it was a really sweet gesture and I think my donuts pale in comparison heh. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...