February 9, 2010

Chinese New Year, Thoughts & Tiramisu!

Happy CNY!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! As you can see, the Christmas tree has given way to a more ching chong red auspicious arrangement of pussy willows, rose hips and amaryllis.

It's been a while since I last posted anything. Very hectic month and even more busy trip back to Singapore thus far due to work. The first month of 2010 has past and there's a lot of thoughts going through my head regarding life direction, career and personal objectives amongst other things. It's not new to me that I have varied interests and have never been able to narrow or focus on one single thing - which results in me being a Jane of all trades but master of none. I like to dabble in this and that, and get a little carried with one area sometimes but then I never really see it through. My phases have included fashion design, floral design, web/graphic design, weddings, interior design and drawing, photography and currently cooking/baking and food styling. One look at my shelf of books and you can see the above themes manifested in the hoard that I accumulate.

Suffice to say that there are many trains of thoughts that need clarifying. I spent most of last night surfing for interior/product/food styling courses. Maybe it's time to take the plunge, or perhaps more like dip the toe into the water. I leave you with the tiramisu I made the other day. My first attempt at tiramisu in a long time and as usual, I had to go choose the most complicated recipe and tweak it. Will post up the recipe next week when I get back to London (recipe notebook left there).

Tiramisu

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...