August 29, 2010

New Covent Garden Flower Market

I finally made my way down to the New Covent Garden Flower Market yesterday morning. It's a wholesale market located at in Wandsworth just south of the river from Pimlico. Since it's meant for trade, it opens at 3am on weekdays, and 4am on Saturdays. I aimed to get there at 8am but only found myself at its doors at 9am. *sheepish look* By then, most of the vendors had packed up and only a handful of stalls were still open. Nonetheless, I still managed to score an armful (or rather a whole box) of flowers - hydrangeas, roses, calla lilies, ammi majus, eucalyptus etc. Arranged most of the flowers into a large display. I'll need to get some florist foam so I can do a more structured arrangement next time. Plus I have to wake up earlier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous flowers! I love that market
Beth (from BYW)

Unknown said...

Love your choice of flowers - beautiful. Love your blog.
Ingrid (BYW)

heavenwildfleur said...

thank you for the lovely comments! I love how both your blogs are so inspirational.. will be bookmarking them for future..

Beth - I totally need to cultivate love for what i do, and to do what i love!
Ingrid - the 'postcard' pics and comments are great inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...