September 20, 2010

Blogging Your Way

I've been taking this e-course called Blogging Your Way conducted by Holly of decor8 and Leslie of  A Creative Mint on how to find your blogging voice, as well as many other tips and materials on how to publish a successful and attractive blog. It's been nothing short of inspiring, far surpassing my expectations. I had originally expected there to be lots of 'technical' how-to's like how to take good photos, style, creative post ideas, market yourself etc. 

But it has been a lot more than that, nothing short of defining one's life goals and passions and how to bring that into your work and blog. It has forced me to think about what really drives me and what I would like to do with my life. Having recently read Eat, Pray, Love (I really want to watch the movie!), this question has been hanging over head and I've become all too acutely aware that I'm pretty lost. I have some inkling of what interests me - food, flowers, design, styling, weddings but how they all tie together, I'm not so sure. The question we had to answer as part of our homework for week 2 was what I can bring to the blogging world. To be honest, I'm not sure. I like to blog because it provides an outlet for me to share my inspiration, thoughts and finds on things that interest me with whoever cares to read. I like to post pretty pictures that I take, some of which allows me to practice my styling. I don't blog because I want to be a successful blogger. In fact, sometimes I'm too shy to let people know I have a blog, as I know I'm not focussed or doing this professionally enough. For me, I hope the blog will become a portfolio of my passions and talents, and perhaps one day I can make a living from that.

But whatever it is, the course has definitely helped me sharpen some of my thoughts and I really hope to implement some of the amazing things I'm learning right now in BYW. I've also met some great people, and discovered some great new blogs. We're only halfway through, and I can't wait for what we'll learn next! Stay tuned to a new lease of life for this blog soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have great talent and you have a lot to to offer to the blogging community. Go on and show off, you've got what it takes!!

heavenwildfleur said...

thanks for the encouragement! I'll bear that in mind as I do my goal setting and soul searching!

Robynne's Nest said...

Hi Eunice, I think your blog is gorgeous, especially the fantastic photos. I'm definately going to try out that panna cotta (did I spell that right), and I just loved your description of the loud englishmen at the restaurant!

heavenwildfleur said...

Hi Robynne, thanks for dropping by! It's so amazing to meet all these wonderful people through BYW! We should do a London BYW meet-up!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

I love the look and feel of your blog and your writing. Keep at it and I hope you find what speaks to you. I'm in the BYW course too!

Abby said...

Hi Eunice, thanks for stopping by and staying hello, I'm so pleased you did! I love your photos and collages, they're beautiful and really professional looking.

I can really relate to everything you've written in this post, I feel the same way about Two Little Dicky Birds. I figure I'll just keep rolling with it for now. I feel like everything is a little blurry and I sometimes catch a glimpse of something here and there that almost looks in focus, but then it disappears and I'm still a bit confused about where it is I want to go with it all. Sorry, that probably sounds quite confusing. Like you, I know what I love, but I'm not too sure what to do with it. You are definitely showcasing your talent here though, and creating some really beautiful work :)

I look forward to seeing more!

Kind regards,
Abby

heavenwildfleur said...

Hi Abby, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this. Don't worry, haha it doesn't sound confusing at all, because I totally know what you're talking about :) Thanks for dropping by and I also look forward to getting more inspiration from you too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...