September 27, 2010

My Macaron Journey

Having looked at my Google Analytics recently, I realised that most of the search engine traffic was being referred to my blog as a result of people searching for macarons, especially lychee macarons to be specific :) In order to make it easier for people searching for macaron recipes, do's and don'ts, trial and errors, I shall compile the various macarons I've attempted below in this post.


macaron collection

What an amazing journey this has been since I first embarked on making these colourful and pretty edible gems in end 2008. Gosh, it's been almost 2 years! From the humble beginning where I never knew if I could expect feet or not, to experimenting with flavours, textures, cooking times and whatnot till today, whilst I cannot boast to be a mac-guru but I am proud to proclaim that I am no longer intimidated by them temperamental macarons. Throughout this journey, I've met many like-minded mac-mad folks (these little things sure make one obsessed!) such as Jamie & Deeba who kindly host Mactweets Challenge monthly, which I sheepishly confess to not having taken part in a while now due to my laziness and busy work schedule, to Rachel over at The Pleasure Monger who's recently started her own mac-journey! I'm glad that the love of these little macs has united us in some way, and I hope that macarons continue to bring joy into the lives of those who look at, make and eat them!

8 comments:

kalanicut said...

HI, I'm visiting from the BYW class. I am so impressed that you have taken the time to master making these. They are delicious. I try to stay away from them because I think they are dangerous...haa-haa. Can't wait to venture around your blog a bit more. :)

Anonymous said...

awesome post and your macarons always look so achingly beautiful!! have got a lot to learn from you.

yes can't agree more on how lovely it is to have met you and others via our mac obsession, not everyday that we meet people who love doing the same things!

American in Madrid said...

Hola, my mother referred me to your blog. After cruising La Duree in Paris early Sunday morning, I have to say that your macs look enticingly the same, if not better. Love the color choice! Now, all you need is a fancy box maker and you are SET.

Your site is not accepting my URL but here it is: www.expatprincess.wordpress.com.

notabilia said...

I have always wanted to learn how to make these. I am feeling very inspired by this round-up post. Off to the kitchen!

heavenwildfleur said...

your encouraging comments make me feel trying out new flavours again! let's see what new things i can dream up haha..

american in madrid: your username does link to the website so i think it works :) wld love to get a fancy box, in fact i have been searching for boxes for the macs so i can give them away instead of in lunchboxes

pooja: i can't wait for you to start your blog! heh... i'll be so homesick and jealous reading it!

Jamie said...

I am so glad that you found Mactweets and bake with us - although when I see all of your gorgeous macs lined up this way (great post) I know feel perfectly in my right to push you to create and bake with us every single month! You are incredibly MacTalented! *hug*

Joy said...

Your macarons look so beautiful! I had so much issues the first time I made it that I'm scared to attempt it again! What is the magic number to fold the batter when you mix the meringue and dry ingredients? The last time my batter was too runny...

The Sweetylicious said...

you made amazing macarons! can i check with you, if i want to make macarons say 1 week ahead, how should i store the macarons? will it affect the quality? thank you!(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...